San Antonio — THURSDAY VETERANS DAY
Veterans, active duty military get free car wash at Wash Tub on Veterans Day
Free car washes available at all 25 Wash Tub locations
Veterans and active-duty military members can get a squeaky clean car on Veterans Day thanks to the Wash Tub. On Nov. 11TH, the Wash Tub is offering a free full-service premier shine wash to all veterans and active-duty military who present a military ID. The premier shine wash, which retails for $26, includes a complete interior vacuum, soft cloth wash, towel dry, complete wipe-down of dash and console, all windows cleaned inside and out, air freshener, and tire shine. Free car washes will be available all day on Veterans Day at every Wash Tub location.
Military Appreciation Family Day @ The Alamo 10AM FREE
The Alamo is proud to host its inaugural Military Appreciation Family Day on Veterans Day, November 11TH. this event will be a celebration of active-duty and former military. Alamo Plaza will have a variety of special activities, guest presenters, demonstrations, live music, exhibits, and more.
10:00 am - Wreath Laying Ceremony
10:30 am - Musket/Rifle Demonstration
11:30am-2:00pm - Caisson
12:00-5:00pm - Music in Cavalry Courtyard
All Day -
Special Exhibition in Alamo Hall
LEGO American Flag construction
Military Service Organization Booths and Demonstrations
Vintage Military Vehicle Display
SA VETERAN’S DAY@ THE HEMISFAIR4PM FREE
Join Hemisfair, City of San Antonio - Municipal Government and Presenting Sponsor H-E-B for a FREE celebration of San Antonio’s military veterans! SA Veterans Day at Hemisfair kicks off at 4pm on Thursday, Nov. 11TH and features performances from The Last Bandoleros and The Spazmatics, veteran-owned businesses and flag displays.
McDonalds Free Breakfast for Veterans 6-1030AM
In appreciation of Veterans Day and to honor those who have served, participating San Antonio McDonald’s will offer a free Breakfast Combo Meal of choice all veterans and active-duty military showing valid ID.
Here’s a list of discounts and freebies for veterans, active duty military on Veterans Day
- Bed Bath & Beyond - Active duty military, veterans and spouses get 25% off their entire purchase, in stores only, on Nov. 11.
- BJ’s Restaurant - All current and former military members receive a free entrée up to $14.95 for a dine-in-only meal.
- Bombshells Restaurant & Bar - Veterans will receive a free meal on Nov. 11 and active duty service members receive 20% off.
- Bubba’s 33 - Veterans get a free lunch on Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you’re a veteran and unable to visit on that day you can get a voucher for a future visit.
- Bubble Bath Car Wash - $1 car washes will be available to everyone at the 8258 Culebra Road location through Nov. 11. 100% of the revenue received from $1 car washes will go to K9s For Warriors.
- Buffalo Wild Wings - Veterans get 10 free boneless wings and fries on Nov. 11.
- California Pizza Kitchen - Veterans and active U.S. military can enjoy a complimentary entrée and beverage at all participating CPK locations nationwide on Nov. 11.
- Chili’s - Veterans and active-duty service members get a free meal from a select menu on Nov. 11. Available for dine-in only.
- Cicis Pizza - Veterans and active-duty military get a free buffet on Nov. 11.
- Denny’s - The breakfast chain will continue its ongoing tradition of offering a complimentary Build Your Own Grand Slam to all active, inactive and military personnel on Nov. 11.
- Golden Corral - From 5 p.m. until closing time on Nov. 11 all Golden Corral locations will host a military appreciation event. Veterans, active duty, National Guard and reserves receive a free meal when dining in.
- Great Clips - Veterans and active military members can visit a U.S. Great Clips salon and receive either a free haircut on Nov. 11 or a free haircut card.
- IHOP - Veterans and Active Duty Military will receive their free Red, White & Blue Pancakes from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. on Nov. 11.
- Las Palapas - Stop by any Las Palapas for a free cheese enchilada plate on Veterans Day. Dine in only.
- Olive Garden - On Nov. 11 veterans get a free meal from a special menu.
- Red Lobster - Veterans, reservists and active-duty military can get a free appetizer or dessert when they dine in on Nov. 11.
- San Antonio Zoo - Members of the military — both past and current — get free admission to the San Antonio Zoo all month long, and can bring up to four family members at 50% off the standard admission price.
- Sleep Number - Military families and veterans get 20% off all smart beds, adjustable bases and most bedding year-round.
- T-Mobile - U.S. service members can get 20% off single lines and 50% off family lines–including unlimited talk, text and data, texting and data abroad, free mobile hotspot data, HD streaming, and more as part of the Magenta Military Program.
- Target - All U.S. active-duty military personnel, veterans and their families get a 10% discount on their entire basket “in early November,” according to the company website.
- Texas Roadhouse - From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 11, veterans and active duty military can get a voucher for a free meal from Texas Roadhouse. The event is drive-through only to get a voucher but they can be redeemed through May 30, 2022.
- Texas State Parks - In honor of Veterans Day, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is offering free entry to all Texas State Parks on Nov. 14.
- Torchy’s Tacos - Veterans and active U.S. military members can enjoy a complimentary taco (any taco on the menu) and a choice of fountain drink or iced tea on Nov. 11. The offer is available to guests for dine-in and pick-up orders in participating restaurants.
- Vineyard Vines - Active duty, reserve, veteran and retired members of any branch of the U.S. Military get 15% off almost everything on the site. The offer is available to use once a month.
- Wash Tub - On Nov. 11, the Wash Tub is offering a free full-service premier shine wash to all veterans and active-duty military who present a military ID.
- Yard House - Veterans and active-duty military get a complimentary appetizer on Veterans Day.
For even more savings visit Military.com.
SAT: SOUTHERN MISS@UTSA 230PM, IOWA STATE@TEXAS TECH 230PM, IWC@NICHOLS STAT 3pm, TEXAS A&M@MISSISSIPPI 6PM, KANSAS@TEXAS 630PM
RAVENS@DOLPHINS 7PM THURSDAY
FALCONS@coWBOYS 12PM SUNDAY
CHIEFS@RAIDERS 7PM SUNDAY
LA RAMS@ 7PM MONDAY
TEXANS HAVE A BYE THIS WEEKEND
FRI: MAVERICKS@SPURS 730PM, sUN: spurs@LAKERS 230PM, TUES: SPURS@ CLIPPERS 930PM, THURS: SPURS@TIMBERWOLVES 7PM
COMAL ISD JOB FAIR 6PM FREE
Comal ISD Job Fair Thursday, November 11th FREE 06:00 PM - 07:30 PM
Come learn more about us at our November 11th job fair from 6PM-7:30PM located at Pieper High School, 1400 Kinder Parkway, San Antonio, 78260. We’re hiring ALL Positions: after-school childcare, bus drivers and assistants, custodians, office staff, paraprofessionals, substitutes, and teachers. Full-time and part-time opportunities available. We can’t wait to meet you!
A Night in Old Spain 07:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Come experience the old world of Spain through song and dance presented by Los Flamencos De San Antonio. A Night In Old Spain is a benefit fundraiser for The Flamenco Arts Society of San Antonio, a nonprofit organization whose mission is the preservation and promotion of flamenco, while educating at-risk youth through funded workshops. $50 General Seating. $75 includes paella dinner service@ SPANISH GOVERNOR’S PALACE
13TH ANNUAL WESTON WRIGHT “LIGHTING THE WAY” 5K/10K RUN/WALK 8AM
This year is the 13th Anniversary of our Annual Weston Wright “Lighting the Way” Walk/Run! The event will be held on Saturday, November 13, 2021 at McAllister Park – Pavilion 2. Come join us for a huge celebration to benefit the blind and vision impaired! This event is chip-timed and managed by iRun. All runners and walkers will be given a finisher medal. Bring family and friends to enjoy food, drinks, face painting, prizes and medals. We are pet and stroller friendly so bring out your whole family for a morning workout. Don’t miss the opportunity to support the San Antonio Lighthouse and experience a Walk Run unlike any other! For information or sponsorship opportunities for the 13th Annual Walk/Run, contact Monica Saenz at (210) 531-1533, $30
Huebner Oaks Farmers Market 9AM FREE
Located in: Huebner Oaks Center Address: 11745 I-10W
THE PEARL FARMERS MARKET 9AM FREE
Hill Country Holiday Bazaar 10 AM – 4 PM
We’re excited to host over 60 crafters and vendors for the 2021 Hill Country Holiday Bazaar! The Bazaar will be held at the Dry Comal Creek Vineyards & Winery at 1741 Herbelin Road, New Braunfels, TX! A special thank you to them for allowing us to use their grounds! Please check out their website here: https://drycomalcreekvineyards.com/
1741 Herbelin Rd, New Braunfels, TX 78132-1838, United States
Yanaguana Indian Arts Festival 10AM FREE
Highlighting the continued vibrancy and artistic traditions of Native American communities – and the local tribes who helped shape San Antonio – the Briscoe Western Art Museum invites everyone to enjoy its annual Yanaguana Indian Arts Festival, Saturday, November 13, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. The event is free and includes admission to the Briscoe, making it a perfect way to celebrate the important role Native Americans played in shaping the West while enjoying art and artifacts that highlight Native American history. Offering a view into traditional and contemporary Native American culture, the free community festival features storytelling, artist demonstrations, pottery, weaving and carving, as well as Native American-inspired food. Yanaguana Indian Arts Festival also features workshops and lectures celebrating Native American culture. The event starts with a special blessing, followed by a ceremonial drum circle that invites everyone to join.
FREE Movie Night On The Range 5 PM – 8:30 PM
FREE Community Event presented by First Tee - Greater San Antonio and in partnership with City of San Antonio Parks & Recreation! Get in the Christmas Spirit with us for a Movie Night on the Range! Open to everyone! Golf games from 5pm - 6pm and watching Home Alone on the range starting at 6pm! Register @ firstteesanantonio.org/MOVIE See less
THE PEARL FARMERS MARKET 10AM FREE
Veterans Day Concert 3PM FREE
Save the date! Our annual Veterans Day Concert will take place on Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Helotes Fire Department. This patriotic concert is great for the whole family. It’s free to attend and light refreshments will be served.
Interested in volunteering? The San Antonio Food Bank needs your help
The San Antonio Food Bank is asking the community to help sign up for volunteer shifts throughout the summer to keep up with the demand for food assistance.
The San Antonio Food Bank’s volunteer opportunities range from being in the sorting room, warehouse, garden, farm areas, community kitchen, and even at the off-site community kitchen at Haven for Hope. Whether you’re an individual, group, or company there are many opportunities to volunteer. Join us and choose a volunteer opportunity at: www.safoodbank.org/volunteer
Blood donations, especially types O negative and positive, are still urgently needed
Health officials said there is not enough blood on hand to treat trauma cases and patients who need emergency surgeries and procedures. The facilities are open during daylight hours. Same-day appointments and walk-in donations are being accepted. Officials said donors can call 210-731-5590 for information or to make an appointment, or they can visit SouthTexasBlood.org.
Here is where to see dazzling holiday light displays in San Antonio
The City of San Antonio already announced the famous San Antonio River Walk holiday lights will make an early return for the 2021 season. This year, 100,000 dazzling lights will illuminate the River Walk during the holidays starting on November 12TH.
The 40th Annual Ford Holiday River Parade is a tradition that offers a spectacular one-hour parade along the San Antonio River Walk. The 2021 theme, 40 Years of Magic, features illuminated floats and costumed parade participants. The whopping 25 miles of lights will be up until January 10, 2022.
San Antonio Botanical Gardens
This winter, the San Antonio Botanical Garden unveils a glittery display when Lightscape, a touring light show that first launched to crowds in the United Kingdom and Chicago, comes to town. Guests will be enchanted by magical light displays set along an illuminated one-mile path winding through the Botanical Garden. The captivating illuminations will proudly include installations unique to Texas created by local and international artists. The trail also features a one-of-a-kind experience: the show-stopping Cathedral of Light, an impressive towering cathedral arch tunnel sparking with 100,000 lights. The light display will run from November 19 to January 2, 2022.
LIGHTS ALIVE! 5931 Roft Road, San Antonio
Lights Alive! is a 100-percent computer-controlled, musically synchronized, drive-thru light show experience. The nearly mile-long attraction showcases innovative new technologies that are sure to dazzle and captivate viewers of all ages, according to its website. This year, the attraction will have additional activities such as the Nativity Show, Gingerbread Escape Room Experience, Inflatable Axe Throwing, and Soccer Darts. There is also a large grassy area where guests can take in the beautiful view of the entire drive-thru portion of the show happening down the hill. Lights Alive! is located in Alamo Ranch two miles outside Loop 1604 off Culebra Avenue. The entrance to the venue is 1/4 mile from the intersection of Roft Road and Culebra Avenue. Traffic must enter the venue from Culebra. It will be every day from November 19 to January 2, 2022. Prices vary from $35 to $45 a vehicle, depending on peak days. For more information, visit its website.
San Antonio Zoo
From November 19 to January 2, 2022, the San Antonio Zoo will create a magical wonderland filled with lights and holiday cheer at its facilities. According to its website, this year is bigger and brighter than ever, with two new 32-foot LED trees that are a must-see for the whole family. There will also be an all-new Holiday Sing-Along Express train ride. Tickets begin at $26.99 each.
University of the Incarnate Word
The annual Light the Way Holiday Festival at the University of the Incarnate Word is back this year with all the in-person traditions you know and love, according to the event’s Facebook page. Join the festival for live music, food trucks, the fan-favorites Shoppers’ Lane and Kids Corner, meet-and-greets with Santa, and a million twinkling lights and fireworks display to end the night. Gates will open at 3 p.m. with the lighting ceremony starting at 6 p.m. Fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. After the event, the lights typically stay up until the first weekend of January.
SeaWorld San Antonio
The holiday festivities are bigger than ever this year at SeaWorld San Antonio’s Christmas Celebration. This year, the park is dressed up in nine million twinkling lights, which the attraction calls the largest Christmas light displays in Texas. Make your way through the park to see 250 acres of sparkling Christmas lights. The park is sectioned into 12 different lands, each with a different holiday twist, according to its website. As you enjoy your outdoor walking tour of the lights, you’ll discover different areas along the path for perfect holiday ops. Take in a Christmas lights show along the pathway, stroll down the Tunnel of Lights, and and see dancing lit-up fountains. It will run through January 2, 2022.
Palo Alto College
The drive-thru light display will be open for community members daily from December 3 through December 23. Visitors will enjoy thousands of lights across a variety of magical displays throughout the Palo Alto College campus. Enter from Villaret Boulevard. This year’s event is drive-thru only, so please remain in your vehicle.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas “HOLIDAY IN THE PARK”
Millions of magical lights are illuminated throughout the park each night from November 20 to January 2, according to the attraction’s website. Guests frolic through themed holiday zones that are blanketed with the décor of the season, falling snow, and surprises around every corner. Children can also share their wish lists and take photos with Santa Claus before his big journey around the world. You can also take a ride on the Holiday Express train to view all of the sparkling lights throughout the park.
© 2020 Cox Media Group