99.5 KISS Billy Madison Show Rock Paper Scissors Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 99.5 KISS Billy Madison Show Rock Paper Scissors Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the state of Texas who are 21 years or older at the time of entry and residing in the counties of Atascosa, Bexar, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina or Watson. Employees of Cox Radio, Inc., d/b/a Cox Media Group San Antonio (“Sponsor”), Silver Eagle Distributors, L.P., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Contest or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Contest event.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on March 14, 2018 and end at 7:45 p.m. CT on September 28, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest. The Contest will consist of three (3) Rounds. Participants can enter each Round during the following periods:
• Round One entry period: 12:00 a.m. CT on March 14, 2018 until 11:59 p.m. CT on March 21, 2018.
• Round Two entry period: 12:00 a.m. CT on June 9, 2018 until 11:59 p.m. on June 20, 2018.
• Round Three entry period: 12:00 a.m. CT on August 31, 2018 until 11:59 p.m. on September 26, 2018.
(each, a “Round”). Sponsor will select ninety-six (96) entrants for each Round of the Contest, including ninety (90) online entrants; five (5) call-in entrants; and one (1) on-site entrant. The ninety-six (96) selected participants for each Round will each compete in a single-elimination Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament (each, a “Tournament”). The winners of each Tournament will advance to the Tournament Final, held on or about December 8, 2018 during the 99.5 KISS BMS Anniversary Party (the “Tournament Final”).
There are three (3) ways to enter each Round of the Contest:
On or about March 22, June 21, and September 27, Sponsor will conduct one (1) random drawing from among all eligible online entries received during such Round’s entry period and will choose ninety (90) potential winners to receive an entry into that Round’s Tournament (as defined below), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
Maximum one (1) online entry per person and per email address per Round.
NOTE: all online entrants must first register for a User ID and password before being granted permission to enter the Contest on the Website.
B) Call-in Entries and Tournament participant selection: Listen to the Billy Madison Show on 99.5 KISS between: (i) March 19, 2018 through March 21, 2018 for Round 1 entries; (ii) June 18, 2018 through June 20, 2018 for Round 2 entries; and (iii) September 24, 2018 through September 26, 2018 for Round 3 entries, to hear the cue to call. Every weekday during this Period, during the 9:00 a.m. hour of broadcasting, Sponsor will instruct listeners to call in to enter. When you Sponsor’s announcement, call Sponsor’s radio line at (210) 470-KISS (5477). Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the 9tj person to call in will receive one (1) entry to that Round’s tournament.
Maximum one (1) call-in entry per person and per phone number per Round.
C) On-Site Entries and Tournament participant selection: Attend any Tournament for any Round, taking place between 7:00 p.m. CT and 7:45 p.m. CT on the following days during the Contest Period: March 23, 2018; June 22, 2018; and September 28, 2018, and complete all required information on the official Rock Paper Scissors Contest entry form (including name, email address, telephone number, and home address), which will be provided by Sponsor on-site and deposit the official Contest entry form in the designated entry box during the Tournament event. At or about 7:10 p.m. CT, Sponsor will conduct one (1) random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Tournament event up until that point and will choose one (1) potential winner to receive an entry into that Round’s tournament. Sponsor reserves the right to select substitute entrants for each Round by a random drawing from among all eligible entries received on-site during the Tournament in order to ensure that ninety-six (96) participants play in that Round’s Tournament.
Maximum one (1) on-site entry per person per Round.
Maximum one (1) prize will be awarded per person per Round. Selected participants that cannot attend his/her respective Tournament will forfeit his/her opportunity to compete for prizes. Excluded Participants: winners of previous Rounds are not eligible to enter subsequent Rounds during the Contest Period.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Winner Selection. During each Tournament, the ninety-six (96) entrants selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion will compete in a single-elimination traditional “Rock Paper Scissors” contest. Sponsor will determine the match-ups and seeding for all contestants based on a random drawing. The Rock Paper Scissors games will be governed by its traditional rules, located at http://worldrps.com/game-basics/ which are hereby incorporated by reference. For each match-up, the first contestant to win the “best of 3” games, will move to the next round of that Tournament until a first-place winner and second-place winner are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In the event of a tie, contestants of each match-up will participate in a “sudden death” game(s), until the winner can be declared the winner of that match-up.
5. Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the winners will receive the following prizes:
• First Overall Winner of a Tournament (March 23, June 22, or September 28): $500 and one (1) ticket to the 99.5 KISS BMS Anniversary Party for the opportunity to compete in the final Rock Paper Scissors Tournament, taking place on December 8, 2018, during the 99.5 KISS BMS Anniversary Party.
• Second Place of a Tournament (March 23, June 22, or September 28): $250
• First Overall Winner of the Tournament Final: $500
• Second Place of the Tournament Final: $250
Approximate Retail Value of all prizes awarded: $3,000.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified on or about March 22, 2018; June 21, 2018; and September 27, 2018 at the telephone number provided on the potential winner’s entry form. In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within twenty-four (24) hours of notice or attempted notice.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 8122 Datapoint Drive, Suite 600, San Antonio, TX 78229 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. CT and 5:00 p.m. CT weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Potential winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within twenty-four (24) hours of notification and a written commitment to attend their respective Tournament on either March 23, 2018; June 22, 2018; or September 28, 2018.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by based upon a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during each Tournament.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
8. Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, COX ENTERPRISES, INC., SILVER EAGLE DISTRIBUTORS, L.P., THE WORLD ROCK PAPER SCISSORS SOCIETY, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
9. Indemnification. If Sponsor’s use of your entry causes Sponsor to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
11. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based upon a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during that Round.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. No Affiliation: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the World Rock Paper Scissors Society, or any other named or depicted people or entities other than Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor.
14. Sponsor. The 99.5 KISS Billy Madison Show Rock Paper Scissors Contest is sponsored by Cox Radio, Inc. d/b/a Cox Media Group San Antonio. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after December 8, 2018) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.KISSRocks.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), 99.5 KISS Billy Madison Show Rock Paper Scissors Contest, 8122 Datapoint Drive, 6th Floor, San Antonio, TX 78229. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Jennifer Schultz, KISS Promotions, 8122 Datapoint Drive, Suite 600, San Antonio, TX 78229 or Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.