AIA San Antonio
200 East Grayson
San Antonio, TX 78215
8:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 15, 2013
San Antonio, TX
May 15, 2013
4 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals “Preliminary Agenda”07:45 - 08:00 AM Registration
08:00 - 09:00 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: IMU07C
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: John Quint
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems. 09:10 -10:10 AM
Physical Security Options, Applications, and Specification
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: IAR13A
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Rick Snelling and David Hatt
Gain insight into the need for and applications of physical security technology in buildings.
Grasp the various levels of protection, available security options, and testing standards for specification purposes.Learning Objectives
1. Discuss the types of physical security options available for building fortification
2. Explain the applications of various physical security options
3. Differentiate threat levels and test standards
4. Compare and contrast several bullet, blast, and forced entry resistant security options 10:20 -11:20 AM
Roofing Market Trends & Advantages of Fleeceback Membrane & Urethane Adhesives
1 AIA HSW Hour | Course: SDT110
Provider: Carlisle Syntec
Presenter: Ryan Kirkland
1. Physical performance advantages of fleece membranes that enable them to resist the
forces of mother nature such as wind, rain and cold.
2. Performance advantages of urethane adhesives that eliminate the dependence on solvents
with VOC's or asphalt derived from foreign sources of oil.
3. Re-roofing advantages afforded by fleece membranes that can re-use existing roofing
systems and minimize landfill waste.
4. Multiple-ply membrane options utilizing highly reflective T or extremely weatherable EPDM
as the cap sheet. 11:30 - 12:30 PM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond (Updated Course)
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ICS06C
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Todd Schoenemann
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.”
12:30 - 01:00 PM Lunch
01:00 - 02:00 PM TBD
02:10 - 03:10 PM TBD
San Antonio, TX CE Academy 26.62
San Antonio AIA Members 62.49
San Antonio Non-AIA Members 77.87